Rebel Galaxy was announced on october the 14th 2014, From one of the creators of the Diablo Franchise. The game revolves around you as a captian flying a large ship across space.
Here’s what we already know.
- Single Flight Pane with no vertical movement in comabt.
- A completely Single Player game with NPCS (Developer has described the game’s simularaties to Assasins Creed: Black Flag.
- You fly a ship in 3rd person (instead of first person like No Man’s Sky, Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous)
- Diaglog has multiple branches allowing players to pick if they want to say good or bad things to NPCs. (Akin to the Bioware RPG feedback system.)
The Studio known as Double Damage games was founded by two of the fellows that started Runic Games (from torchlight fame), Both Travis Baldree (creator of Fate) and Erich Schaefer (Producer of Diablo 2) have much experience in releasing new Intellectual Properties.
Here’s what you might not know.
- The Larger ships run on a 2D Plane While smaller flighters run on a 3D pane.
- The Game wont be priced as a Triple A game with an empahsis being on a downloadable price.
- Rebel Galaxy will be coming to PS4 and PC (Steam) in 2015.
What is Rebel Galaxy?
Rebel Galaxy is being described as a space sandbox game single player Role Playing Game, Certainlized around being an outlaw you will be fighting multiple adversouries thoughout the game ranging from a multitude of NPCs and higher level charactors. Think of Assasins Creed: Black Flag in space. (Now your interested!)
What we think
Althought the video was just a small teaser we are starting to see a very exciting game that could potentially be something to play along side space games. In the EVE Online Community there was much talk about this game when the trailer went live as many thought it may have been a multiplayer game, Unfortunately for them we now know this game will be singleplayer only. Singleplayer games while not being as always enagaing as multiplayer games do have there own upsides. Rebel Galaxy will certainly have competition in 2015, No Man’s Sky will be a main rival for Rebel Galaxy for sure. This is one game we are certainly looking forward to in 2015.
credit: Thanks Gamespot!