After seeing short teasers for the longly anticipated teaser of Battlefront, Starwars fans were greeted with a offical trailer for Starwars Battlefront.
If you haven’t seen it already the here’s the trailer!
So what do we know about the game from the trailer?
- No galactic Space mode (as previous Battlefront games haven’t focused on space gameplay. However “leaked” battlefront 3 footage from a different developer (free radical) operating the battlefront 3 franchise hinted on their being a space mode in battlefront 3.)
- No Single player Campaign – (A fully online story mode with CO-OP.)
- The footage is rendered 100% in-engine using the Frostbyte 3 engine. The engine has powered Dragon Age Inquisition and the latest Battlefield game: Battlefield Hardline.
- You can play as Darth Vader, Bobar Fett, Jedi/Sith, Storm trooper to name a few..
- Deployable ATAT, TIE Fighters, Millennium Falcon,speeder bikes and snow speeders
- No Battlelog? Early signs that the game won’t be using DICE’s Battlelog to navigate around multiplayer matches.
- Preorder Bonus – early access to the Battle of Jakku with other players getting free access to the content on December the 1st.
- a new buddy system and sharable inventory that allows friends to share gadgets and equipment unlocked. (Akin to Medal of Honour’s Buddy system.)
- Upto 40 slot multiplayer battles
Titan’s Battlemode revised
At a closed off screening members of the press where given access to the Playstation 4 copy of the game. They said that the graphics in the trailer represented the gameplay in-engine. They also noticed a couple of new things. The first being a new scripted game mode with an enamy ATAT which in-order to be taken down required visiting missile silo sites and capturing them. This reminds us of the Titan mode from battlefront 2142 which had two titans that could only be brought down either by capturing points.
In DICE we trust..
DICE has got a great history of working on Science Fiction Battle games, For example Battlefield 2142 was one of my personal favorite games of all time. It use of two feet robotic killing machines reminded me of the robots seen in Robocop, The deployables where also futuristic with drop pods.
The game is now open for preorder which will include some exclusive content. The current release date is November 17th 2015 in the US and 19th in the EU on PC, Xbox One and PS4.